Writing & Editing | Layout | Web
Do you need someone who can write a document, edit a book or take a communication project from start to finish?
Then you may be looking for Carl Stieren.
With a decade of experience as an editor and two more decades as a writer, Carl has done every step in the production process for print and web.
- editing a journal on government services and systems
- creating software documentation: user guides, manuals, help systems
- copy editing a book on political parties
- writing the content for and maintaining five websites
- reporting on international development
- researching and writing on conflict resolution
- laying out a 48-page book in Adobe InDesign
- creating a board game and bringing it to press
No job is too small. And even large jobs can be made up of hundreds of small pieces. For the Ottawa International Writers’ Festival, Carl once covered all the authors’ presentations entirely by Twitter.
“I’ve written five books and pamphlets and a long list of articles throughout my career. For a number of them, what turned them from good to excellent was a skilled editor. Carl Stieren is one of those.”
-Michael Nagler, Professor emeritus of Classics and Comparative Literature, University of California, Berkeleyp